Tips to Growing A Healthy Beard
Growing a beard has always been fashionable. It’s like “face-gear” for the gifted like I always like to call it. It brings out the “pretty” in men- even us not-so-good-looking ones. One thing people, especially from our cultural background, may not realize is, growing a beard is not only about the looks.
Growing a beard has been medically recommended as a means to treat razor bumps – prominent in African men. So if you are fighting razor bumps, why not let nature take its course and rock that “mane of glory”.
To some of us, the full beard developed at a tender age effortlessly. So we have an advantage over our counterparts whose beards might require some extra care and nursing as per say.
In my case, I’d say growing a healthy beard is pretty easy. That’s because there is no physical effort needed for your beard to grow.
The real work is in the “wait”. The art of waiting is probably one of our many weaknesses as humans.
However, before one can begin the “wait”, one must ensure to have one of the following items;
2. Shampoo (any brand)
3. A nice thick towel/ blower
4. A set of combs and a hair brush
5. Any hair product like ‘blue magic’, ‘Indian hemp’ or petroleum jelly (common Vaseline)
When most or all of these items acquired, you are set for the journey. You will only have to remember the following points for satisfactory results.
– Shampoo the beard every time you take a bath/ shower
– Dry it with a towel or blower, just remember to not over-dry it
– Apply enough of your hair product to achieve that required shine and feel.
– Comb the beard before it’s completely dry.
– Sharpen the edges of the beard at least once a week to make it pop out. (line it)
Lastly, know what you are working with, like hairstyles there are many ways and styles of growing a beard so pick one that suits your style, let your beard compliment your Fashion sense and escalate your look, And Please avoid Neck Beard.
There you have it. Follow these few steps and you can achieve that classic look you have been dying for.